BlocPal is an innovative fintech company led by an experienced team with a proven track record of success. Our vision is to provide the world an affordable, fast, and secure digital platform for payments and fintech solutions that allows anyone to transact in their currency or asset of choice, including crypto and fiat. A leader in the emerging digital economy, BlocPal empowers consumers, merchants, and enterprise customers to participate now in the digital economy.
At BlocPal, we provide a digital transaction platform to a diverse world and we need a diverse team to do that successfully. We strongly encourage applications from everyone regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. BlocPal provides an accessible candidate experience. If you need any accommodations or adjustments throughout the interview process and beyond, please let us know.
BlocPal is a high growth fintech building a robust neo banking platform powered by AI, cloud computing and blockchain to reimagine the possibilities of how people transact, invest, and thrive in the digital economy.
We’re building a team of exceptional talent from all over the world to join us on our mission and promote a culture of collaboration, inclusion and empathy, and welcome applicants from different industries and experiences.
We’re looking for a Corporate Accountant to join our Finance team. This is a critical role at the company that helps us maintain a strong handle on the financials, reporting, and accounts payable to enable corporate growth. Below you’ll find more information about what the role entails, the candidate requirements and what we offer as a company.
- Maintain bookkeeping and records for BlocPal and its subsidiaries
- Prepare month-end and quarter-end journal entries
- Prepare inter-company transaction reconciliations
- Work closely with operating managers and stakeholders for month-end
- Manage payroll, consultant and contractor payments and ensure payroll remittances and ad-hoc filing requirements (e.g. T4s, ROEs, and other payroll-related filings) are done properly and on time
- Prepare payments for payroll, suppliers, (EFT, wire transfer, cheque runs, etransfer, etc.)
- Prepare schedules and reconciliation for GL accounts.
- Update month-end and quarter-end working papers and financial reports
- Set up new subsidiaries in Quickbooks
- Prepare GST returns
- Prepare various financial reports as assigned (including ad hoc reports and variance analysis)
- Assist with ad hoc projects assigned by the Manager of Financial Reporting
- 2-3+ years of corporate accounting experience (experience at a public company is an asset)
- Minimum of 1 year of full cycle accounting experience, preferably for a group of companies
- Previous experience with payroll
- Advanced level of proficiency with Excel and Quickbooks
- Excellent organizational skills and highly detail-oriented
- Able to work well independently with minimum supervision and in a team environment
- Capable of working in a fast-paced and changing environment
- BlocPal offers a competitive salary and long-term incentives
- We provide comprehensive health benefits
- We offer a flexible and mostly remote work environment, collaborating with a global team
- We are on a mission to unlock accessible and affordable financial services for diverse communities all over the world and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer hiring a diverse workforce to help us achieve our goal