Since its inception in 2017, BlocPal has been built with one key goal in mind: introducing the benefit of cryptocurrency and blockchain technology to contemporary society.
Since its inception in 2017, BlocPal has been built with one key goal in mind: introducing the benefit of cryptocurrency and blockchain technology to contemporary society. To achieve this, our team chose to build the BlocPal platform over Bitcoin’s architecture. While there are a number of other exciting blockchain variants in use, with more being worked on every day, we decided to go with Bitcoin for a few reasons:
- It has an excellent reputation. Bitcoin is the most popular, and arguably the most loved, blockchain in use.
- It’s easy to use. Not only is Bitcoin one of the simplest blockchains to understand, due to its popularity and longevity, Bitcoin is also a platform most developers are familiar and comfortable with.
- It’s reliable. Bitcoin has been operating since 2009, making it the most tested blockchain around, as well as the most stable and most used.
- Bitcoin has a strong following. Along with the supporters Bitcoin has gathered over the years, the platform also has large miner support and is currently one of the most favored blockchains to mine.
- Balance of security vs. features. Increased functionality provided by new blockchains also comes at the cost of introducing more risk in security. BlocPal carefully selected key features to upgrade on top of Bitcoin, including the ability to digitally sign any asset into the payload, know-your-customer (KYC), proof-of-work/proof-of-stake hybrid and the X16R hashing algorithm.
Building a Better Platform with BlocPal and Bitcoin
One of the key features that makes BlocPal stand apart from other platforms is its accessibility. It’s designed to suit the needs of everyone who spends digital money — both fiat money and cryptocurrencies — while being simple enough for beginners to use.
Ultimately, Bitcoin is aligned the closest with our vision for BlocPal. It’s easy to use and is a household name, even outside of the blockchain community. Our team of talented engineers have extensive experience working with the Bitcoin source code, making it easier for them to seamlessly implement BlocPal’s innovative features, offering the highest standard of security and customer support.
More on BlocPal
Along with Bitcoin, BlocPal has been designed to support Bitcoin Cash, Bitcoin SV, Ethereum, and Litecoin, with more cryptocurrencies on the way. Using the X16R hashing algorithm, BlocPal supports both POW and POS, and offers ongoing rewards to miners using its platform. As such, this makes BlocPal an easy and attractive choice for Bitcoin miners who want to participate in the next generation of blockchain technology.
Users can take advantage of BlocPal’s innovative multi-currency solution, which enables them to hold, convert, and spend a growing list of cryptocurrencies, as well as fiat. Currently, BlocPal supports USD, CAD, and EUR, but global currencies will continue to be added as the platform grows.
But BlocPal doesn’t just enable users to store money, it enables them to facilitate instant and guaranteed transactions for everyday use as well. Businesses supporting BlocPal can integrate its payment gateway into their point-of-sale system for in-store transactions, or use BlocPal’s online store APIs or ecommerce software plugins now available for WooCommerce and Magento, with more plugins on the way.
Learn more about BlocPal by visiting its official website today. There, you can download the BlocPal wallet for iOS and Android, as well as join the official BlocPal Telegram Group to stay up to date with news and events in real time.